- Is your fridge/freezer door holding closed or popping open?
- Is your fridge or freezer icing up?
- Is there water leaking?
- Is the fridge/freezer maintaining temperature?
- Are your seals cracked, split or torn?
- Are your seals buckled at the bottom or corners?
- Are your seals hard and brittle?
- Are your seals discoloured or mouldy?
- Can you see a gap between the seal and the door?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then your fridge or freezer could be leaking cold air. If the cold air is escaping through your worn seals, the motor has to run longer to maintain the correct temperature to keep your food fresh. An efficient fridge uses up to 10% of your household electricity. Save money today and check your fridge and freezer seals.